Thursday 14 October 2010

Pregnancy Confirmed

After taking the positive pregnancy test, I called and set up an appointment with my doctor's office.  My husband came into the appointment with me.  The doctor kept asking when the first day of my last period had been, and I kept having to explain that I hadn't had a period in a long time (when was it?  Last May maybe) since I hadn't had a period since before I got pregnant before and it was ectopic.  So we had no way to date this pregnancy.  As we had no idea on dates and needed to make sure that it wasn't ectopic again, she immediately booked me in for an ultrasound at the hospital.  Once again I was booked for a vaginal scan as they are clearer in earlier pregnancy than abdominal scans.

We went to the hospital and were shown into the exact same room where we had been scanned last time before I was rushed into surgery.  I was terrified of having a similar experience again.  Luckily, this time the sonographer could tell us almost immediately that it was not an ectopic pregnancy.  This pregnancy is in the right place and everything (so far) looks healthy and normal.  And (here's the big surprise) I was already 9 1/2 weeks along!!!!  That means that we conceived just 2 1/2 weeks after the ectopic pregnancy surgery!  So that was definitely a shock, but we're excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment