Monday 11 October 2010

Pregnant?!

After the last post, I feel like I should backtrack a bit and explain...

I'd mentioned before that I hadn't restarted my period yet after having an ectopic pregnancy end several months ago.  I knew that it would take a little while for my cycle to get back to normal, but hadn't expected it to take more than a couple of months.  So I was putting things away in the bathroom cupboard one day, and found a pregnancy test.  I took it.  As we have used contraception 100% of the time, I was expecting to just rule it out.  Instead, after a very long minute, the test came up positive! 

It was one of the tests that dates as well, so it said that conception had occurred over three weeks ago (the longest time on the test).  I was in shock.  I wanted to be excited, but part of me was scared that it could be something residual from my last pregnancy or (even worse) that it could be another ectopic.

I called my husband to tell him, and then immediately called to set up an appointment with my doctor.  At this point I was still just kind of literally in shock because I didn't know exactly what was going on or what to expect and how to respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment